Scott brings more than 16 years of experience as a solicitor to Campbell, Burton & McMullan LLP after practicing with a downtown Vancouver business law firm. Scott advises clients on corporate/commercial, commercial real estate, residential purchase and sale, mortgages and leases, banking and secured lending. Scott joined the partnership on January 1, 2015.
Scott and his wife, Tamara, are the proud parents of their sons Alexander and Maxwell and also Henry, a black Labrador Retriever.
Scott’s experience includes the following:
Commercial Real Estate Development
- Counsel for the developer in respect of the complex purchase and land assembly, purchase and construction financing, consolidation, subdivision, negotiation of site development control and subdivision servicing agreements with the Resort Municipality of Whistler.
- Counsel for the developer in the stratification, disclosure statements, marketing, and sale to purchasers of a 23 bare land strata lot lakefront development known as “Lakecrest” at Alta Lake, Whistler, British Columbia.
- Acted as counsel in respect of the $45 million acquisition and purchase financing of “Whistler’s Marketplace”, a 70,000 square foot retail mall consisting of 36 strata titles in Whistler, British Columbia.
- Acted as counsel in the $16 million acquisition and purchase financing of the 79,000 square foot “Valley Centre” shopping centre in Langley, British Columbia.
- Counsel for the purchaser in respect of over 50 share and asset purchase transactions across Canada, representing the hiring of over 600 employees and involving sales of more than $152 million.
- Counsel for the purchaser for the $20 million acquisition of a chain of Autoplan insurance agencies.
- Comprehensive legal work and experience acting for both purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of assets and shares.
- Advising on the formation, structuring, and restructuring of various business associations and incorporations, and partnerships, including corporate reorganizations.
- LL.B. 2000 – University of British Columbia
- B.A. (Honours Political Science – 3rd year) – University of British Columbia
- Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 2001