Jon practices civil litigation. He joined Campbell Burton McMullan LLP in 2014 after practicing for ten years in a corporate/commercial litigation group of a national law firm in Downtown Vancouver. He has appeared before all levels of courts in British Columbia, the Federal Court, and has made submissions to the Supreme Court of Canada, and also before administrative tribunals and arbitration panels. His practice has included litigation matters involving contract and tort disputes, insolvency and foreclosure, construction and lien law, estate litigation, intellectual property, and real estate and commercial tenancy.
Jon and his wife live in Langley with their two young daughters. They have a very active musical life and are very involved in their community. Jon serves on the Board of Directors of the Langley Community Music School.
Memberships and Professional Activities:
- Canadian Bar Association – Civil Litigation, Insolvency, Construction Law and Intellectual Property subsections
- Regular lecturer on Creditors’ Remedies for the Law Society of British Columbia’s Professional Legal Training Course
- Published articles and case commentaries in the areas of real estate litigation, defamation and intellectual property law
- University of British Columbia, LL.B., 2003
- University of British Columbia, M.A. (Music Theory), 2000
- Graceland University, Iowa, B.A. (Mathematics with Physics and Music Minors, 1994, graduated summa cum laude)
Year of Call & Jurisdiction:
- Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 2004