As one of the founding members of CBM Lawyers, John Campbell has been practicing law in Langley since 1977. John has many years of experience with civil litigation matters and his extensive knowledge of court procedures, arbitration and mediation enable him to approach and assess and solve problems from different angles. He provides clients with creative, practical options to resolve their legal disputes.
John was one of the first lawyers to become an accredited BC family law mediator. He has been certified in advanced commercial mediation since 1992 and has been qualified as an arbitrator since 1998. In 2013, John also qualified as a Family Arbitrator with the British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute (BCAMI) to conduct Family Arbitrations under British Columbia’s new Family Law Act.
John retired from Partnership in 2013 and, since March of 2014, restricts his practice to arbitration and mediation, but does assist other members of the firm with business, family, and other civil claims.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Alternate Dispute Resolution Subsection (Past Chairman)
- Member, The British Columbia Mediator Roster Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- University of British Columbia, BA (Economics), 1972
- University of British Columbia, LLB, 1975
- Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 1976
- John was one of the first lawyers to complete the Family Mediation program in BC and to become certified as a mediator in family disputes, Continuing Legal Education, 1986
- Certification in Advanced Commercial Mediation, 1992
- Qualified as an Arbitrator, 1998
- Qualified as a Family Arbitrator, BCAMI to conduct Family Arbitrations under BC Family Law Act, March 2013