Doug Simpson received a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degree from the University of British Columbia, and then later obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Alberta in 2001. Doug articled with a firm in Vancouver and was called to the British Columbia bar in 2002. Doug has been with CBM Lawyers since 2003 and was invited to join the partnership in January 2011. Doug’s practice is focused exclusively on family law and he frequently appears in both Provincial Court and Supreme Court on behalf of his clients. A significant portion of Doug’s practice consists of negotiating and preparing agreements for clients. Doug believes that each client has a unique set of needs, circumstances and experiences, and strives to find the best legal solution for each client on a case by case basis, while being a forceful advocate for his client’s interests. Doug lives in Langley with his wife, Cheryl, and his children.
- Assisting clients in obtaining court orders and written agreements for custody, guardianship and access.
- Assisting clients in obtaining court orders and written agreements for child support and spousal support.
- Assisting clients in determining and dividing family assets and preserving assets from inappropriate disposition, by way of court order or written agreement.
- Preparation of cohabitation and prenuptial agreements.
- Working with investigators, accountants, valuators, doctors, counselors, psychologists and other professionals, when required, to properly advance clients’ interests.
- Obtaining restraining orders to protect parents and children from harm.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Law Society of BC
- Canadian Bar Association
- University of Alberta, LLB, 2001
- University of British Columbia, MA, 1997
- University of British Columbia, BA, 1991
- Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 2002
Doug's Community Involvement:
- On the Board of Directors for the Langley Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Member of the Langley Sunrise Rotary Club