Alex was born and raised in the Lower Mainland, where she completed her Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of the Fraser Valley. She then completed her law degree at the University of Toronto in 2015.
During law school, Alex volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada’s Family Court Support Program, through the Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic. She also spent a semester as a student caseworker in the University of Toronto’s family law clinic. Alex then completed her articles in the family law division of a busy Bay Street firm, and spent another year there as an associate before returning to the Lower Mainland.
Outside of the office, Alex enjoys hiking, bowling, and curling up with a good book.
- Successfully obtained an ex parte protection order for a client and her child to protect them from an abusive spouse.
- Successfully obtained a court order to remove a high-conflict party from the family home immediately after separation.
- Successfully negotiated a combined interim child and spousal support payment of nearly $30,000 per month for a client with a high-income spouse.
- Successfully resolved via mediation a dispute about revisiting the amount of spousal support payable after a client received an unexpected and substantial increase in income.
- Successfully resolved a highly contentious property dispute regarding the sale of the family home and interim distribution of the proceeds of sale pending trial.
- Successfully negotiated numerous consent orders and written agreements regarding custody, guardianship, access, and other parenting issues.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Law Society of BC
- Canadian Bar Association
- University of the Fraser Valley, BA, 2012
- University of Toronto, JD, 2015
- Called to the Bar in Ontario, 2016
- Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 2017
Alex's Community Involvement:
- Member of the Danish House Society