Our Services in Estate Litigation include:
- Contesting the validity of a Will
- Varying a Will under the Wills, Estates and Succession Act
- Estate Administration Disputes
- Committeeship Applications
- Breach of Duty Claims under a Power of Attorney or Representation Agreement
- Trust Litigation Involving Ownership of Assets
Our Estate Litigation team includes Gene Fraser, Jon Goheen, Steve Burton, John Campbell and Scott Payne.
We advise clients on matters involving contested estates. In these situations time limits are often critical, so if issues concerning the administration of an estate or distribution of assets to beneficiaries arise, call us as soon as possible. We advise and represent clients in estate litigation matters including actions to contest or vary a will, estate administration disputes or other disputes involving the Wills, Estates and Succession Act or the Estate Administration Act, and trust litigation involving ownership of assets, such as bank accounts and real property.
In the event that court proceedings are necessary, we are equipped to handle contested estate matters either in the courts or through mediation.